Saturday, 15 August 2015

Drool, dream and dance

This creative journey of mine started a long long time ago but its only been a year since I started this blog. Although I was on a hiatus after i wrote my first post for reasons I hope I will be able to share with you someday, there are a few things I did not stop doing during that time. I did not refrain from stopping and staring in wonder at awe inspiring creations. Did not stop looking for beauty in imperfection, embrace the flaws and make it work for me. Did not forget to react with ecstatic joy and cheer with child like glee every time I was inspired to create something beautiful. In the last few years, I have come across so many spaces, products and creative people who have sparked my interest, pushed me to ideate and inspired me beyond words. So today I have put together my picks from the posts that have made me drool, dream and dance. 

 My guru would tell me that to desire materialistic possessions so much so that it takes over your entire existence would be foolhardy. (Yes I have my very own 'Ketut'). However as you all know my overwhelming love for beautiful spaces and things turns me into a lout & makes me loud, lecherous and lustful. Here are some such spaces and things that have made me drool in the past year......




There is a process in creative visualization wherein if you desire something, tangible or intangible, you imagine or visualize every aspect of it in great detail. If you do this as often as you can, the event, situation or object of your desire will draw closer to you and eventually become a reality. So that's what I do when I come across spaces and things like these (Below). In the hope that if I stare at them hard and long enough, they might just manifest themselves and appear out of thin air ;).......




People who know me, will tell you that I am not much of a dancer. But every once in a while I come across spaces/things that make me want to get my tush off the couch and do a little jig. The jig - worthy spaces/things that have been (un)fortunate enough to witness this....




The past year has taught me that when one journey ends, another one begins. In the words of Richard Bach- what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. My little bug has turned me into a colorful, confident butterfly. So before I take flight to yet another destination, many thanks to each one of you for accompanying me on this journey of self expression. You people have been excellent travelling companions so far and I hope to see more of you in the coming year as well.



Happy B'day to my little bug! To many more adventures together.....Cheers!